Auguste Louise of Württemberg-Oels
|Auguste Louise of Württemberg-Oels|
|Duchess consort of Saxe-Weisselfels-Barby|
|Born||21 January 1698|
|Died||4 January 1739 (aged 40)|
Skarsine Castle, Silesia
|Spouse||George Albert, Duke of Saxe-Weissenfels-Barby|
|Father||Christian Ulrich I|
|Mother||Sophie Wilhelmine of East Frisia|
Born in Bernstadt (now called Bierutów), the capital of the Duchy of Bernstadt in Silesia, she was the only child of Duke Christian Ulrich I of Württemberg-Oels and his third wife, Sophie Wilhelmine, a daughter of Enno Louis, Prince of East Frisia.
Her mother died fourteen days after her birth (4 February 1698), probably from childbirth complications. From her father's two previous marriages, Auguste Louise had fourteen older half-siblings, of whom only four survive adulthood: Louise Elisabeth (by marriage Duchess of Saxe-Merseburg-Lauchstädt), Sophie Angelika (by marriage Duchess of Saxe-Zeitz-Pegau-Neustadt) -both born from Christian Ulrich I's first marriage with Anna Elisabeth of Anhalt-Bernburg-, Charles Frederick II, Duke of Württemberg-Oels and Christian Ulrich II, Duke of Württemberg-Wilhelminenort -both born from Christian Ulrich I's second marriage with Sibylle Maria of Saxe-Merseburg-.
In Forst on 18 February 1721, Auguste Louise married George Albert, Hereditary Prince of Saxe-Weissenfels-Barby. Only eight years later, in 1728, George Albert inherited the paternal domains.
The union, complete unhappy and childless, ended in divorce in 1732. Auguste Louise retired to Skarsine Castle in Silesia, where she died aged 40, and five months before her former husband. She was buried in the Schloss Stadtkirche St.Johannis, Oels.
- Christian Ulrich I. Herzog v.Württemberg-Bernstadt in: Genealogy Database by Herbert Stoyan Archived October 16, 2014, at the Wayback Machine [retrieved 12 October 2014].
- Marek, Miroslav. "Genealogy of the House of Württemberg". genealogy.euweb.cz. Retrieved 12 October 2014.[self-published source][better source needed]
- Marek, Miroslav. "Genealogy of the House of Wettin (Weissenfels line) in: Genealogy.euweb.cz". genealogy.euweb.cz.[self-published source][better source needed] [retrieved 12 October 2014].
- Augusta Louise Herzogin v.Württemberg-Bernstadt-Bernstadt in: Genealogy Database by Herbert Stoyan Archived October 17, 2014, at the Wayback Machine [retrieved 12 October 2014].
- Württemberg-Weiltingen line in: Royaltyguide.nl [retrieved 12 October 2014].
Auguste Louise of Württemberg-OelsBorn: 21 January 1698 Died: 4 January 1739
Title last held byElisabeth Albertine of Anhalt-Dessau
| Duchess consort of Saxe-Weissenfels-Barby
|Duchy reincorporated to Saxe-Weissenfels|